Hello and welcome to Fiber Guardian. I will be your tour guide as you start your journey towards a brand new you.
The good news?
It only takes a few small changes to get started. One of those changes is to start adding more fiber into your diet.
Luckily, you just stumbled upon my site, and from now on you have a superhero on your side.
That’s right! The Fiber Guardian is here to save the day. Fiber is the quintessential substance that you need to be adding to your diet right now. Fiber can help you to:
- Lose weight
- Maintain bowel regularity
- Speed up the elimination of toxic wastes in the colon
- Has been shown to reduce high cholesterol levels and it can control blood sugar levels.
- Fiber comes in many different foods and it is not difficult to slowly work it into your diet.
This site goes into all of this and more. Browse some of my most popular articles below to get started. Will you let me become your Fiber Guardian? I’d love to join you on your journey towards better health!
Hey guys! I just published my new book! Its called Now What? Getting Unstuck in a Sticky World: How Taking Action is the Key to Unlocking Your Ultimate Potential. You can get it right here on Amazon for only .99 cents. This one was rather fun for me to write and I am...
Lately my wife and I have been trying to lose a little extra weight and look even better by getting lean. We are going to Cancun in January for a friend's wedding and we want to look good for each other. However, we need to learn how to stop craving sweets! Seriously,...
Clean hands don’t grow tomatoes. I am not going to put quotes around that “quote” because I just thought of it, but it does illustrate the point that in order to accomplish anything of substance, you need to act upon what you learn. That being said, action does...
It struck me last night, while watching the last movie in the Lord of The Ring's Trilogy - the Return of the King- that the road is often more important (and much more memorable!) than the end result. "I can't carry it for you! But I can carry you! COME ON!- Samwise...
"There you go, Harry!" Ron shouted over the noise. "You weren't being thick after all — you were showing moral fiber!" -J.K. Rowling When I hear the words "prebiotic" and "probiotic" I immediately become skeptical. Is someone trying to sell me something? Where...
We have done it! We have both leveled up! It has been a lot of fun over the past month and a half, and we are happy to be able to say that we are both officially at level two. Check out the video below to see what we are up to now. If you feel inspired, go ahead and...
Did you know that a high fiber diet rich in high fiber fruits will help you lose weight? It worked for me. All it took was for me to start incorporating high fiber foods into my diet. I started with high fiber fruits and from there I moved on to vegetables, legumes,...
*Author's Note: For the brand new 2017 (.5) version of how to self publish a book: check out my post here on my author site. Learning how to write a book can seem like a daunting process, but once you finish you will realize it was all worth it. My 177 page book (The...
Anyone can lose weight. You either read or hear about success stories all the time from friends, family, and co-workers. Why not you? Read on to find how to lose weight fast without making any major dietary changes. Dieting is an important role in the long-battle...
This is what Miranda and I created this morning: This is the result of an idea I had after listening to "Level up Your Life" By Steve Kamb from Nerd Fitness. I figured it would be really fun to try to "level up" and since my wife and I are very competitive I...
What Is Fiber?
- Fiber is the indigestible part of plant foods.
- It can be found in a variety of different foods.
- Fiber is an awesome part of any diet and it is key that you start eating it right away!
Why Should You Start Eating Fiber?
- Fiber can aid in your weight loss goals by making you feel fuller. The foods that are high in fiber tend to be really good for you in other ways as well (high in vitamins, protein etc.)
- Fiber can help to prevent diabetes by controlling blood sugar levels.
- Fiber aids in digestion and can help to keep you regular. This is especially helpful in people that are dealing with constipation AND/OR diarrhea. Adding fiber to your diet can help with both by adding bulk to your stool and helping it to pass through your system more efficiently.
- High Fiber foods are delicious so there is no reason NOT to start eating them!
How To Actually Start a High Fiber Diet?
- I go over this more in my post on How to Start and Maintain A High Fiber Diet but it is really easy to start.
- You need to first figure out How Much Fiber Do You Need Per Day? And then you will be able to find out what your daily goal should be.
- Start with an apple a day. It is a simple thing and you have surely heard that “an apple a day keeps the doctor away” and this is surely true. Just about any fruit will do, but apples are ideal!
- For a full list of foods see my page on The Fiber Content of Foods or watch the quick video below for an intro!
Regardless of your question about fiber, we have the answers for you. Also be sure to sign up to our mailing list to be updated when we post new fiber related things.