It is another bright and cheery morning. This is true whether it is actually sunny or raining where you are. Your day is what you make it, and if you look upon the rain clouds with a smile on your face, the world is going to always appear bright and sunny.
Anyways, if you are looking for awesome high fiber breakfast ideas to help you step up your game, welcome! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and if you want to eat healthy throughout the day, the best way to accomplish that goal is to start strong.
- Keep reading for 7 high fiber breakfast ideas.
Rolling out of bed every day you probably wonder what to eat. If you are like me, you are hungry pretty quickly after you wake up. However, I urge you to wait at least a half an hour before you scarf food down. Instead, drink a full glass of water to start your day.
This step is extremely important, especially if you are just starting out with eating more fiber. If you up your fiber intake too fast you are more likely to have to deal with a bloated stomach, gas, and other stomach pains. Slow and steady intake increase is the way to go.
The best way to stay hydrated throughout the day is to consistently drink water (duh), but starting out your day with water helps your entire day.
Water becomes your java juice. Water becomes your lifeblood in the morning. It gets everything started and it gets you ready to be empowered by food.
After hydrating up, you need to get a good start on your daily fiber intake. To do this, eating high fiber breakfast foods is the way to go. Fortunately, breakfast happens to be the easiest time to find the best types of foods.
Here are several high fiber breakfast foods that you can try right away:
- Oatmeal. Oatmeal is the #1 way to start your day. You can get the instant variety, but I recommend making oatmeal ahead of time for the best taste. All you have to do is make plain ol’ oatmeal according to the directions on the back of the container. The trick is to make enough to last you about a week. This way you can enjoy oatmeal throughout the week and not have to worry about making it every night. I am not sure how long it lasts in the fridge, but I once had 3 week old oatmeal and it tasted just fine to me. Just make sure that nothing is growing on it…
- One of the easiest ways to eat a high fiber breakfast is to eat a fiber bar such as a Nugo Fiber D’Lish, Kind bar, or a Cliff Bar. The key is to always examine the ingredients on fiber bars and breakfast bars. The most important thing to avoid is high sugar content (obviously) but you also need to make sure it doesn’t have a lot of extra junk. I used to eat Kellogg’s breakfast bars until I found out that they had trans fats in them… yuck!
- Cereal is fantastic at any point in the day. Would you agree? Yes? No? Regardless, eating high fiber cereal in the morning will give you a significant head start in your quest to fulfill your days worth of fiber. I suggest trying a basic bran cereal and seeing if you like it. Plain bran cereal is actually my favorite type of cereal (besides Honey Smacks!) As an added bonus try a banana on top of your cereal. It tastes delicious and it adds even more fiber to your breakfast.
- Why stop with just a banana? Eating fruit is a great way to start your day. Whether it is an orange, an apple, or a slice of grapefruit, fruit is very good for you. It gives you a much needed energy boost early on.
- Everyone likes a good eggs and toast meal every once in awhile. Why not try switching out the white toast for an Ancient Grain high fiber variety? You will get more bang for your buck, and the protein in the eggs will give you a nice energy boost as well.
- If you are really in a hurry put together a little bag of trail mix. This can include raisins, almonds, and other types of dried fruit or nuts. You might be more accustomed to trail mix as an afternoon snack and this is okay, but it is important to remember to at least it something! Eating nothing for breakfast should never be a viable option.
- Try out a breakfast smoothie. Yogurt, fruit, honey, and almond/coconut milk make for an excellent combination in a smoothie. Try out different types and you are sure to find one that you love!
These high fiber breakfast foods are sure to give you a significant boost to start your day. It is important to start early in the day because you can easily get behind. Getting enough fiber daily can be very easily done, but it takes a consistent amount of effort throughout the day to be able to accomplish it.
Once you get used to eating these kinds of foods in the morning you will slowly start to reach your fiber goals every day without much effort. This is because these foods are GOOD for you and taste good too.
Fiber is not solely found in boring and bland foods.
You can enjoy yourself and enjoy your meals. This is the only way to consistently lose weight. Getting bored with a diet is why many diets fail.
Don’t set yourself up for failure. Set yourself up for success.
Try these high fiber foods and you will find success. Incorporate them into your diet and you will see change over time. What do you have to lose?
Thanks for reading, and enjoy the rest of your day!
-Jordan, Your Fiber Guardian
- Purple Magic High Fiber Breakfast Smoothie
- A Secret Ingredient for Making a One-Minute High Fiber and Protein Rich Breakfast Treat